16 januar 2015
02 juli 2013
My ab fab son turned 35 last May and as part of his pressie some mamma made.
I knew I had seen some tuts for wool felt and went looking for them.
In my chaotic creative mess I had the proper felt (etsy) and some leather remnants ( etsy as well ).
I am really working rapidly through my value pack of TAP (..tissues…) but I knew I just had to use some more. After making an image in Adobe Elements I turned on my sewing machine and fired up the iron and these are the results:
An Iphone cover with two front pockets, tutorial: POPPYTALK
A passport cover with the universe and Yoda quote, tutorial: leonie’s Creations
My take on it meant no tulip but full TAP cover + some more inside.
Hopefully he will be using this – if not for his passport then perhaps for a note book?
I’ll be using these tutorials for more stuff, – ideas a plenty!
31 mai 2013
I’m supposed to finish up my UFOs, – and I do have a lot of them, but returning from a trip I just couldn’t resist a sudden urge to make baby blankets from some of my awesome fabrics.
And thinking about it a UFO can also be a plan you have had
but never came around to, – right?
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
Apart from reducing stash and hopefully increasing cash I will try out the different methods one can use!
The first one being making a blanket by way of sewing right sides together and then quilt “after the fact”. This of course meant a lot of pinning…
All four of the first blankets are quilted in straight lines by following seams and/or masking tape. I do have more plans as this project moves along.
With this one I’ll test the tutorial with fleece binding from
On this one I’ll use the tutorial on mitered self-binding from
And on this one the method from my Singer Book on Machine Quilting.
15 april 2013
Ever since I learned about this breed of transfer I wanted to test it out.
For xmas I finally bought and used it and it is indeed something else!
The colors are very well transferred from TAP to fabric and the resulting image can be ironed over with no problem whatsoever! As the sheets are translucent you can only transfer to white or very light surfaces. Here are some examples:
The fabric here was a very light tan so turned out a very pretty hide look.
The images were written with black and white except the traditional japanese art where what was white now is tan. Still loved it!
Here the labels were ironed over white cotton. Very crisp!
Again over light tan, – a bookmark and another cuff.
My second to youngest grandson received colored pencils, an electric pencil sharpener and lots of paper for his birthday in March so I decided to make him an art tote. Decorated with a saying and some words in fun fonts I printed an image out for him to go crazy on! This would be the front image of the tote.
Benjamin Michael in his uncle’s helmet, edited in Adobe Elements and Fotosketcher and then back in Elements for Fonts etc.
We first tested the quite soft colored pencils but it turned out they scratched…
Luckily I had a few bottles of FW Acrylic Artists’ Ink!
Ben with his Art tote front transferred to white cotton fabric!
So far in sewing, – will be quilted and finished during next week.
His older brother with his!
The original image:
REMEMBER to print in reverse…
11 april 2013
… been thinking about if for ages… Maybe the rest of you remember all brushes seeing the name or are able to see fonts by way of the itty bitty samples. Not me.
SO I decided to open up Elements and make some easy to see.
I naturally added some more afterwards…. LOL
And FINALLY I made displays of Photoshop Brushes, – most of them.
Here are a few:
All neatly placed in a map on my desktop.
10 april 2013
….I have been sewing and a lot of other stuff!
Today I made a pincushion for my wrist finally! Found a super tut at
She has several awesome tuts so check it out! This is mine
As you can tell ( if you checked the link ) I deviated some because 1) I didn’t have fusible fleece 2) I didn’t have a silk flower and 3) my gluegun is one of many items stored somewhere after we had guests for Easter…
However that didn’t stop me: I attached some thin wadding with decorative seams, replaced the flower with lace and handsewing really isn’t that bad!
Other fabric-related the last month:
Placemat for my youngest granddaughter, twosided.
Spring tablerunner for the entrance
Large Easter tablerunner for the living room
Table cloth for Easter
Easter tablerunner for the entrance
Easter placemats for a birthdaypressie for my SIL
Some patchwork for eggs, done the “McGyver”-way
Free tut in my blog, top left
17 mars 2013
I motsetning til flinke barn og svigerbarn ( og barnebarn! ) har alle planer om ny frisk og sunn mat og mosjon gått grundig ned i et visst sted….
Startet jo opp så bra: “…
ONSDAG 16. JANUAR 2013
Da er vekt brukt og etter uke 1 er resultatet 84,2 endret til 81,8.
Altså hele 2,4 kg ned….”
( Ytterst flatterende utgave, dette… )
NÅ er spørsmålet om jeg/vi burde ta tak
A) omgående og 100%
B) omgående, men med litt slingringsmonn eller
C) ta tak etter påska
Svelget dypt og steg opp på vekta for første gang på ukesvis og resultatet var 82,8. Altså 1 kilo opp, men fortsatt nedgang etter jul og nyttår mm
Overraskende, men heldigvis av den gledelige sorten!
Må ta helsa mer alvorlig + at det hhv er dåp i mai og bryllup etterhvert.
*går i tenkeboksen*